In the fall of 2010 Nike Amsterdam organised a cool local campaign: Take Mokum. We were very enthousiastic, because the more figurerunners the better. Every new runner is a step towards the Olympics! What we liked a lot is that this campaign succeeded in motivating people from Amsterdam to run art and also in uniting them online, providing a gallery of all the art.
One thing that was a pitty, is that even though it was all about making art involving running, it wasn’t really Figurerunning. To make art you had to do the following:
1) Draw a figure online behind your computer
2) Run wherever you want using the Nike app
3) Fill your online drawing with colours, by using the kilometers you had run with the app
This means that you are not experiencing the fun of actually being the pencil!
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s