Your feet aren’t your only tool to make figures on a map. What do you think of the art of lawn mowing?
Artist Jeremy Wood made art with his motirized lawnmower, while he was cutting the grass in his moms back yard. He tracked the movements with GPS and created these nice figures as a result.
Lawn mowing in different seasons: spring, summer, fall and winter:
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s