With the new accessible technologies arising in our everyday life, more and more people are starting to track their habits and behaviours. Using a computer, mobile phone, electronic gadget, or pen and paper to you can record your work, sleep, exercise, diet, mood, etcetera etcetera.
Of course we love this shit. Because this fascination got us to run figures! And why not figure everyting? For example I am using an app (Sleep Cycle) to track my sleep. And last night I figuresleeped this mountain view especially for you!
Interested in quantifying yourself? Next monday, the 28th of February there is a Quantified Self Meetup in Amsterdam. This is a regular show and tell for people who take advantage of various personal self-tracking tools and methods to gain more knowledge about themselves, others and the world around them.
Check it out at: http://www.meetup.com/qsamsterdam/
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s