Come and support us at Mob Fest. Friday March 25th we are presenting our project at this event in Amsterdam.
The three-day Mob Fest marks the end of the Arcade exhibition in Mediamatic. Two days of in-depth discussion about and demonstrations of mobile games, and one Ignite evening. Figurerunning will be part of this Ignite evening, an event run by locals, for locals. Founded in Seattle, the events are held around the world. Ignite is fast-paced and merciless, but most of all they’re fun, thought-provoking nights, full of fresh ideas and clever insights. Speakers get five minutes to present their idea. They make use of twenty slides that auto-advance every fifteen seconds. A ruthless moderator will guarantee those five minutes aren’t exceeded. Ignite serves as a platform for locals to connect offline and have a drink together.
Information & tickets: http://www.mediamatic.net/page/197397/nl
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s