It’s no FigureRUNNING, and actually it’s no Figuredriving on the London Underground as well, because your GPS won’t work in the metro tunnels, but it sure is fun and worth mentioning here!
The original animal, the elephant, was already discovered in 1988 (way before GPS phones arrived!), while a man was staring at the tube map during his daily journey home from work. Since then, the elephant has been joined by many others from bats to bottlenose whales.
Check all animals found on the London Underground map at animalsontheunderground.com.
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s