Yes yes yes, we are nominated for the Future of Health Award! Sounds great doesn’t it!
This is what the jury said: “Even though the idea for this game is not new, the way these two runner geeks organized a community around this idea is wonderful. It created great social involvement and the execution is creative. With some help, Figurerunning has the potential to become a real social community or even movement – a Figure movement. The idea has the potential for reaching a broad target group with more applications possible.”
What? The Future of Health Award?
The competition “The Future of Health Award 2012″ is a joint initiative of CZ healthcare insurance, TEDxMaastricht and Games for Health Europe. 68 people pitched their idea for a health (care) related game during the Games for Health Europe conference and FigureRunning is one of the last 5 nominees. In April 2012 during TEDxMaastricht, the winning idea for the Future of Health Award will be chosen. That is a long time away, but for now we are very happy with our nomination!
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s