Thanks to an article in this Danish Newspaper Poliken the Swedish Radio maker Kicki, of radioshow ‘Kropp & Sjöll’ (Body&Soul), found FigureRunning and decided to interview us for the national radio. This led to a great interview and a lot of new Swedish FigureRunners! Listen here (it starts at 45:20) to ‘Kropp &Sjöll’ of Tuesday November 15th 2011 – it’s in Swedish, but we speak in English.
The Radio Show led to a lot of new FigureRunners from Sweden!
Check out the first runs of our Swedish friends here:
Joakim writes about this 7 km drawing:
“Hi, heard about you in the swedish radio this morning, and I just had to try it! Got my 13 year old daughter to draw something for me on the map, and then it was just to turn on the GPS and get going! She has already drawn her next picture, and hopefully I can get her to join me in the tracks. At least for a nose, a head or a shoulder.. 🙂 Thanks for a brilliant idea!”
To all our new Swedish friends we say:
Välkommen till alla människor från Sverige!
Skicka dina FigureRunning resultat till oss email@example.com och vi lägger det på webbplatsen!
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s