One of the fun things about FigureRunning is that you can use it as a different way of communicating something. In The Netherlands we have the saying: “Say it with flowers”, but we would like to introduce “say it with a run”!
Over the past year we have seen some great examples of this. I received my first ran birthday cake for example. Roel Smit ran a surprise for his wife when she turned 4o. And Nicklas and his son Otis run a heart for Otis his mum while she was on duty. So sweet!
But now we received a new kind of message. One I hadn’t seen before. Inge Kuijper quit her job in London and this was her way of saying goodbye to her colleagues:
“It is nearly time for me to say bye bye.. and I wanted to say it with a real world drawing 🙂
Thanks for a great time at our London office and would love to stay in touch in the new year.”
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s