We believe in motivating people to exercise more by combining mobile technology, game mechanics and social networks. Now you might think why? And how? Well let me try to clarify the use of game mechanics, and more specific gamification, by giving you a well known example.
At this moment Draw Something is the one of the most popular mobile applications. The developers have taken a proven game concept; Pictionary, and converted it into a very successful social mobile version. Additionally they designed a gamified system around the core game to engage the players.
We want to turn our social mobile sports into a movement. What if FigureRunning could become the Draw Something for exercise? Run Something!
What do you think? Any tips? Don’t hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s