Creating a sustainable health care system is one of society’s greatest challenges. The Economist Intelligence Unit predicts the future of health care in Europe will be shaped by seven separate, but interconnected, trends; one of them being that preventive measures will become more important as a way of promoting healthy behaviour. Rather than retaining a health care system that only cures sick people, we should look at the opportunities of preventing illnesses in the first place. Physical exercise plays an important role in this area.
But at the same time we are actually facing a problem of inactivity. Amongst others leading to an increase of overweight people. The World Health Organisation describes obesity as a worldwide epidemic.
In short: If there is one thing we have learned in the past year, it is that there is a need for motivating initiatives to get people to exercise.
We want to use our expertise and experience to empower people to take responsibility of their own health. We are very serious in taking FigureRunning to the next level. Today, for example, we are pitching our businessplan at TEDxMaastricht, being nominated for The Future of Health Award. If you are around, please come and visit us at the 1st floor during the coffee break in the morning (10.30 – 11.00) and during lunchtime (12.15 – 13.45). We are looking forward to sharing our ideas, and if you like them and would like to help us design the future, please vote for us! 🙂 (You can only vote if you are physically present the event.)
The Future of Health Award is powered by Games for Health Europe, TEDxMaastricht & CZ.
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to [email protected] or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s