Last Monday it was the hour of truth… we were nominated for the Future of Health Award and had to deliver our final pitch. We had already sent our proposal to the jury and now it was time to convince the audience of TEDxMaastricht.
It was a very inspiring day. Talking to professionals and contemplating the future. Unfortunately we didn’t win the award. But the winners, Heartville, have developed a very interesting concept and we congratulate them for this opportunity to be a game changer in the industry!
The prize was determined by a combination of a jury vote and a public vote. We were thrilled to discover that FigureRunning was voted for most by the audience. The audience of TEDxMaastricht, health care professionals from around the world, have voted FigureRunning the nr 1 concept!
Thank you for your support, this gives us so much energy to develop this further! Hope to see you all soon.
Leonieke Verhoog & Willempje Vrins
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s