We are very very very excited to announce our trip to Boston! You might remember we were presenting at Games for Health Europe conference last October. Well, now we are crossing the ocean. Boston is hosting the Eighth Annual Games for Health Conference and we are invited to present!
On June 12-14 the Games for Health conference brings hundreds of researchers, health professionals, and game developers together to discuss a wide range of topics involving health and videogames. Over three days, more than 400 attendees will participate in over 60 sessions led by an array of international speakers. Topics will include exergaming, physical therapy, disease management, health behavior change, biofeedback, rehab, epidemiology, training, nutrition, and health education. Keynote speakers include: Constance Steinkuehler Squire, senior policy analyst for the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy and Jane McGonical.
Of course we celebrate the fact that we are invited. This is a big step for FigureRunning. But also we are very excited that this conference is growing to have an impact, showing the importance of this field of innovation. And we want to thank the crew of Games for Health Europe, without them this wouldn’t be possible.
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s