As you know, FigureRunning is a new sport that encourages you to get creative, go outside and discover new places while running and getting fit. The competition is not about your running speed or distance, it’s all about drawing with gps, creativity and exploring the neighborhood.
So, become a master the art of Figurerunning and join the FigureRunning walk during the NAi City Olympics at 27th of July 2012. Next to FigureRunning you can also enjoy skateboarding, BMX courses, freerunning and of course the opening of the Olympics in London at a large screen at the NAi (Netherlands Architecture Institute).
So don’t hesitate, celebrate the summer and come and play with us at 6 pm at the NAi! http://www.nai.nl/zomer
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s