Such a shame that the Olympics are over again. But here are some nice artpieces to enjoy!
A few weeks ago we asked people around the world to run an Olympic themed drawing. And we received some beautiful stuff. It was very hard to choose, but in the end the jury decided to award to athletes with a FigureRunning shirt.
Torbjörn from Sweden – Sailboat
This time i celebrate the swedish team in Men’s Star Sailing. Fredrik
Loof and Max Salminen took the first swedish Gold medal in this Olympic
games. 🙂 Take care! /Torbjörn
Sabine from Germany – volleybal (and this was send in even before Germany won the gold medal, it must have brought good luck!!)
I recognized figurerunning just 2 weeks ago and figured out the olympic symbol for volleyball on the Berlin map. (A little late I saw that the second arm is not in the exact angle, but anyway …). Best regards, Sabine
Congratulations Torbjörn and Sabine! And not only you. Thank you all for running amazing art! See the full gallery below. Hope to see you running more soon!
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s