Today we had a very inspiring day. Together with teenagers who are in training at rehabilitation centre ‘De Hoogstraat’, we made our first FigureRolling artpieces!
We designed FigureRunning as a motivator to go running. Of course there are a lot of people who don’t necessarily want or are able to run. But it is just as important for them to get excercise! As part of our mission to explore the possibilities of FigureRunning in healthcare we organised a pilot session today.
What was the setting? 6 teenagers age 10 to 20, few therapists, 6 smartphones and a parc. Creating art in wheelchairs, walking or on a stretcher, it doesn’t really matter as long as you move! We have learned a lot and are looking forward to researching these possibilities further. Check out these artworks and get inspired too.
Thanks a lot Hugo, David, Stefan, Mikey, Joeri and Maik! You helped us a lot!
What is FigureRunning?
Figurerun of the Week
Lovely spring image. We think it is an animal enjoying a nice apple. What do you think? Definitely the FigureRun of the week! Thanks Judit Aszódi!
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s