Everybody loves playing outside. FigureRunning is a new sport that encourages you to get creative, go outside and discover new places while running and getting fit. The competition is not about your running speed or distance, it’s all about drawing. Become a master the art of Figurerunning. Do it when and wherever you want and be sure to share your art with your friends. The world is our canvas and you are the pencil!
Take part and run figures!
How? Read the manual below and find additional tips and tricks from FigureRunners on our homepage.
- Put on your running gear.
- Get a GPS-enabled device (smartphone, GPS watch, or GPS tracker) and an application to track your run (the special FigureRunning app / Nike+ / Runkeeper / Garmin watch).
- Look at the map of your neighborhood and search for a heart/rabbit/birthday cake/your name or another Figure in the streets.
- Start the FigureRunning app and walk to the street that marks the beginning of your
drawing (we also measure the km’s that you run with ‘No Pencil’, so all your exercise will be measured). When you arrive at the starting point of your drawing, choose a coloured pencil and start running.
- Check your drawing line to see how you are creating art. You can switch colours while you are running, use ‘No pencil’ to run ‘invisible lines’ (to go from one rabbit-ear to another) or use the ‘Eraser’ to erase lines you didn’t mean to draw.
- Don’t forget to have fun, you ARE the pencil!
- Finish your drawing, save it to your photo album and/or upload your drawing to FigureRunning/Nike/Runkeeper or share it immediately to your friends via Facebook or Twitter.
Some extra tips:
SAVE AS DRAFT – You can save your picture as a draft while you are running, so you can finish your run the next day or have an extra safety save when your battery is almost finished.
DROP DOT – sometimes (especially with 3GS phones) it takes a while for your iPhone to find the GPS signal. You can help the app a little with dropping dots. You trigger the GPS signal whenever you need a corner, an eye or a neatly drawn dot in your drawing by pushing the ‘Drop dot’ button in the app.
DON’T FORGET TO STRETCH – We know, you can’t wait to start FigureRunning, but FigureRunning is really running, so take some time to strech and get warm, before you start the real running.
THE LINE IS KING – Practice your sweetest most innocent smile, because you are going to need it! Run through the gardens of your neighbors, conquer the bushes in the middle of a public square, run 5 different rounds on the roundabout and people WILL think you are crazy, but remember the line is king and the result of your FigureRun is the only thing that counts.
GET FAMOUS – Send your FigureRuns to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it directly via the app and we’ll feature your art at the blog or you might even make it to the FigureRun of the week gallery.
(ʇı ǝɹɐɥs noʎ uǝɥʍ ƃuıʍɐɹp ɹnoʎ ǝǝs noʎ ɟı pǝsıɹdɹns ǝq puɐ ǝʌoɯ ɔıƃɐɯ ǝɥʇ puıɟ oʇ ʎɹʇ)
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s