Roadmap to the Olympics
Every serious sport wants to be recognised by the IOC’s Olympic Programme Commission. And so do we. Our mission is to be included in the Olympic Programme of Rio de Janeiro 2016.“A sport or discipline is included in the Olympic program if the IOC determines that it is widely practised around the world, that is, the number of countries that compete in a given sport is the indicator of the sport’s prevalence.”
To get there we have set ourselves some goals.
We want to establish a community of Figurerunners by:
- making figurerunning more accessible,
- sharing knowledge (tips & tricks),
- and by uniting figurerunners and their art online.
On this blog you can follow our journey and take part. We are a group of figurerunners. Started to do so in 2009 and are still learning and improving. Want to know more about us? Check our profiles under contact!
What is FigureRunning?
Start FigureRunning NOW!1) Choose a theme (#royal, #alphabet, #easter)
2) Think of a simple Figure matching that theme
3) Search the map of your neighbourhood for that Figure (streets/gardens)
4) Get a phone with GPS and download a running app, like Runkeeper, GeoTracker or Nike +
5) Go to the beginning of the Figure, start tracking, start running
6) Make a screenshot of your FigureRun when you're done (iPhone: hold big button below and button on top at the same time)
7) Send the figure to email@example.com or tweet/facebook it with #figurerunning
FigureRunning flickr pica’s